Anywho, I thought I would share what we will be working on. I am a very visual person and like to have a 'plan' for as much as I can. I have had to give up a lot of my planning with Em... but I will never stop making lists!! :) Emma will be 4 1/2 this summer and so I tried to set goals both educationally & behaviorally.
* Letter & Number Recognition
* Writing grip
* Work on appropriate social skills
* Get anxiety & sleep under control
*Increase calories during the day to avoid waking in the night hungry
* "Stranger Danger" & Private parts
Side note did you know that 1 & 4 girls are sexually abused & 1 & 6 boys are? Special needs children are more at risk than "typical" children.
* Asking for things that she wants without screaming and waiting patiently.
I know this is a lot of goal for her and I understand that we may not "pass off" all of them. But having an idea where we are really works for us!
I will be sharing my "Summer Fun Planner" next week on the blog!