Mission Statement

To provide a place for parents and family members to meet and share experience, strength, give hope and awareness, to other families who have similar experiences raising children with ADD/ADHD, SPD, Anxiety, ASD, mental health diagnosis, developmental and behavioral challenges. Through sharing in this experience of raising these hard to raise kids, we grow stronger and more resilient.

Easy to Love is a 501 (C) (3) Non-Profit Organization

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Summer Goals

Every season change I set new goals for Miss Emma {with the exception of winter... i slacked in all areas and it shows yikes!}
Anywho, I thought I would share what we will be working on. I am a very visual person and like to have a 'plan' for as much as I can. I have had to give up a lot of my planning with Em... but I will never stop making lists!! :) Emma will be 4 1/2 this summer and so I tried to set goals both educationally & behaviorally.

* Letter & Number Recognition
* Writing grip
* Work on appropriate social skills
* Get anxiety & sleep under control
*Increase calories during the day to avoid waking in the night hungry
* "Stranger Danger" & Private parts
Side note did you know that 1 & 4 girls are sexually abused & 1 & 6 boys are? Special needs children are more at risk than "typical" children.
* Asking for things that she wants without screaming and waiting patiently.

I know this is a lot of goal for her and I understand that we may not "pass off" all of them. But having an idea where we are really works for us!

* Lindsay

I will be sharing my "Summer Fun Planner" next week on the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment