Mission Statement

To provide a place for parents and family members to meet and share experience, strength, give hope and awareness, to other families who have similar experiences raising children with ADD/ADHD, SPD, Anxiety, ASD, mental health diagnosis, developmental and behavioral challenges. Through sharing in this experience of raising these hard to raise kids, we grow stronger and more resilient.

Easy to Love is a 501 (C) (3) Non-Profit Organization

Saturday, September 3, 2011

September is going to be exciting!

We are working hard to get the word out!! We hope to see more of you all and for our group to grow, we are going to try & be much more diligent on posting on the blog and on our facebook page. As I am sure all of you know life can get CRAZY and sometimes a week goes by in a blink of an eye. If you don't see anything for a bit and you want information on an upcoming group don't hesitate to shoot one or both of us an email!

I am SUPER excited about September's meeting. Our focus is going to be Sensory Processing Disorder. This is something I am passionate about as it is one of my daughters biggest struggles. We are excited that Katie Mangus an Occupational Therapist from Easter Seals has graciously agreed to come to BOTH meetings. We will also be bringing some information that we find helpful to share! We will also have our first meeting in SLC at The Sharing Place. It is such a homey comfortable and safe place, we are excited!
October's focus will be eating difficulties. I know both myself and Jen have struggled in very different ways with our children's eating. We are going to keep this a caregiver panel and hopefully we can share things that have worked for us and I am sure many of you will bring some great ideas as well. I have already gotten some wonderful ideas and insight!

November is focusing on the effect caring for a special needs child can have on the family. Some possibilities are in the works for this meeting. We will keep you posted as things get closer.

I am really SO excited about this group and so happy that Jen and I decided to "just start it". I look forward to a GREAT fall and hope I get to meet more of you.

As always please feel free to contact me by phone or email with questions, ideas or if you just need a little support that day.
-Lindsay
lindsaybartholomew26@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment